Who is Effect+ for?
These workshops are designed to engage young people, especially between 14-18 years old.
How is Effect+ implemented?
- AFS partners with local educational and youth organizations or schools.
- These local groups identify youth leaders who will benefit from the program.
- Participants take part in a 1-day or longer experiential workshop to explore their role as global citizens and learn to exercise their power as changemakers. The workshops include:
– interactive dialogues with SDG specialists and experts,
– hands-on activities on intercultural learning and changemaking, and
– the opportunity to engage in post-event social impact activities in their communities.
Effect+ Program around the world
Since it started in 2018, the Effect+ program has:
- Been implemented in 10 countries: Brazil, Dominican Republic, France, Guatemala, Italy*, India, Latvia, Mexico, Peru and Spain
- Engaged 120 schools and educational communities
- Reached 4,500+ teens!
“We learned the qualities required to be a global citizen, a changemaker. We learned to look from different perspectives to start the change from within ourselves right now.”
– Darshan Prema, Effect+ participant, India
AFS Effect+ for the Classroom
High school teachers can also benefit from this new three-fold program developed for the classroom. The Effect+ for the Classroom equips educators with the intercultural skills needed to address the SDGs with their students through a virtual teacher-tailored training:
- the award-winning AFS Global Competence Certificate
- a robust and fully virtually adaptable toolkit on the Effect+ workshop for high school students and
- the opportunity to win the Sir Cyril Taylor Young Leaders Award for the best social impact projects.