Employers and educators identify global competence and intercultural understanding as a critical 21st-century skills that people need to tackle global challenges and thrive in an interconnected world. That is why the AFS Mission is needed more than ever: we educate and empower people and organizations with skills, insights, behaviors, and respect for cross-cultural differences so they can work and take on the most pressing issues our world is facing together.
AFS works with civil service organizations, foundations, companies, institutions, and governments to ensure that:
- More active global citizens are empowered to make a difference
- More young people, schools, and institutions have access to global competence education
- More diverse young people from underserved communities participate in intercultural exchange programs
- More communities benefit from intercultural learning opportunities
- More people and organizations tap into the AFS expertise