Reports to: Head of Digital Products
Application deadline: August 15, 2022
The CRM Product Manager (CRMP) will work as a member of the Digital Team of AFS International. The CRMP Manager will be responsible for working closely with our Network Organizations (NOs) in the Network in implementing the CRM strategy of AFS, supporting the NOs in utilizing and maximizing the potential of the CRM tool, Salesforce in their operations, and translating the NO’s needs into information that the development team can verify and may act on. The position allows remote working.
- Listen, observe, and empathize with NOs’ needs, aspirations, concerns and frustrations as it pertains to the CRM and integrated technologies. Collaboratively define problems and ideate in problem solving. Through research and development, experimentation, prototyping, and testing, ensure new features and capabilities are easy to use and solve business problems effectively
- Understand how internal and external users interact with the CRM and the value they gain from it. Identify and document product fixes, modifications, and new features that are requested or observed as needed or wanted
- Collaborate with NOs to help define and encourage best practices across the Network and system work-flow processes. Establish rhythm for regular discovery meetings
- Translate business and constituent needs obtained through various sources into thorough, accurate and actionable Salesforce user stories and functional specification, removing all guess work and assumptions for the technical solutions & delivery teams. Act as a bridge between the technical team and the Partner Organizations to ensure that the technology solutions are practical and meet the needs of the business
- Work closely with technical solution leads to ensure delivery. Manage user acceptance testing ensuring proper engagement from business owners, reviews, and sign offs pre-production release
- Ensure that issues affecting process are reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate CRM training for end-users
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with complex process management
- Ability to manage priorities
- Curious/Empathetic: willing to ask insightful questions and demonstrates the empathy to go beyond the surface to find deeper insights
- Clarity of communication in writing (Precise, Concise, Effective)
- Excellent oral communications skills (actively listen, ask questions, facilitate team communication)
- Strong technical aptitude: able to drive technically complex projects for the CRM and be responsible for turning that complexity into a simple user experience
- Understanding various software development methodologies including waterfall and agile development is an advantage
- Willingness to develop skills via ongoing training
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent career experience (3-5 years) in specialized expertise or related area
- Salesforce.com implementation skills, including common third-party products (e.g. Form Assembly, Conga) is a plus
This is a full time position. Candidates not based in the US are considered with possible verification of employment in their home countries or with the ability to work as a consultant.
At AFS Intercultural Programs, the health and safety of our team is always a top priority. All AFS team members are required to be fully vaccinated, unless there is an approved medical or religious exemption. Finalists must provide proof of vaccination prior to the start of the role.
How to Apply
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your unique qualifications! Interested candidates may apply by sending a detailed cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the subject line Manager, CRM Products.
Applications accepted through Thursday, August 15, 2022.
AFS Intercultural Programs is a 106-year-old global not-for-profit Network that provides intercultural learning opportunities to help people develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to create a more just and peaceful world. Through our international exchange programs, education initiatives, volunteerism and advocacy, we empower young people from all backgrounds with essential global skills—and the passion for making a difference.
AFS is the organization of choice for 55,000+ volunteers and 1,100 staff globally whose primary interest is to facilitate the acquisition of intercultural learning and global competence skills. Our learning programs for volunteers and staff are best in class, ensuring our people have a positive impact on their communities, and adequately support our AFS programs wide-range of beneficiaries.