Join the AFS Intercultural Programs Global Up Team and help us strengthen our educational offers by evaluating market trends through research on educational tools and products. Learn the in’s and out’s of global non-profit work and be part of a small team that is aiming to impact many learners through developing global competence in students, staff and faculty.
By working closely with a dedicated team devoted to transformational, meaningful, and inspiring educational experiences, you will help AFS showcase thought leadership and reach new audiences around the world. You will provide valuable input into the new educational programs, its marketing approach, and delivery. You’ll have the opportunity to go through our Global Competence Certificate, in addition to your work, and be able to communicate the self-growth and professional development gained.
What you’ll learn
You’ll have the opportunity to work inside an international network of a large global non-profit organization with an ever expanding community of global leaders. You’ll learn about the process of creating an educational curriculum for the world and what global collaboration looks like on a small scale (our Global Up team) to large scale (AFS in general) with over 58 organizations across the globe. You’ll learn alongside us, where we find ourselves in the digital education environment and how we can best stand out, follow up on leads.
What you’ll do
AFS Intercultural Programs seeks motivated, critical thinking, creative, and curious individuals to join the Global Up team in a multifaceted effort to help us better understand the educational landscape and market, and showcase how we stand out.
In this role, you’re internship experience will strive to:
- Support us in launching new offerings for global competence development by researching similar offerings across the world to find our special niche.
- Analyze all the components that make up other educational certificate programs, and determine industries where global competence is needed.
- Identify opportunities in areas such as businesses and corporations.
- Provide a fresh set of eyes on our lead management process and find new ways to keep interested prospective users engaged with our organization.
- Support our team to better understand the world of microcredentials and how we might leverage our certificate program even more.
- If time allows, support in our social media content calendar through building our collection of testimonials, videos and photos.
Relevant Experience and Skill sets
- Undergraduate student working towards a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- An interest in Intercultural Education, and micro-credential
- Proven research skills
- Excellent business and/or marketing skills
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equity interest and/or experience
- Adapt to working in a cultural and educational programs setting
- Data visualization skills
- Educational design skills
- Virtual or digital education
- Excellent general and analytical writing skills
- Interest and/or experience in educational evaluation and measurement and project management
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and interest letter to HR at [email protected] with the subject line Digital Education Intern. All application materials must be received by 11:59 PM ET on August 1, 2022.
This Internship lasts between September 1 – December 31, 2022 and will not exceed 200 hours for the semester. $500 stipend upon completion of internship.
Who we are
AFS Intercultural Programs is a global network that develops active global citizens committed to making the world a better place. Through our international exchange programs, education initiatives, volunteerism and advocacy, we empower young people from all backgrounds with essential global skills. AFS Intercultural Programs leverages the power and reach of 50+ National AFS Organizations to accelerate the local, global and collective impact of our 100+ year old nonprofit. AFS International is the global leadership, coordinating, and administrative body of the AFS Network. Our office is located in New York City and we work with a diverse, mostly remote global team.