The world needs more active global citizens. Together with our supporters, AFS Intercultural Program helps create them.
On behalf of our thousands of exchange students, host families, and volunteers, we are proud to share the global AFS Annual Report for 2022, marking 75 years of AFS high school exchanges.
At AFS, we dare to reshape the world through our programs:
- Our signature student exchanges, expanded in 2022 to include new countries such as Sri Lanka and South Korea.
- Virtual and hybrid programs, including 20% of STEM scholarships for refugees and girls from displaced populations.
- The AFS Youth Assembly, a global platform for young leaders ready to take action to create a better world.
At AFS, we dare to reshape the world through our people:
- 13,000 students participating in exchanges and on-line programs.
- 8,500 host families welcoming young AFSers into their homes.
- Hundreds of teachers and schools bringing active global citizenship into their classrooms.
We dare to reshape the world in the spirit of progress, raising $33 million in 2022 so that 45% of all participants benefit from scholarships.
Most of all, we dare to reshape the world in the spirit of peace, curating special resources in response to the war in Ukraine. AFS always stands on the side of peace.
We are grateful to our global network of supporters for enabling us to continue and expand our work, more critical than ever. At a time marked by conflict, division, disaster, and, perhaps most alarmingly, the tendency for the world to turn inward, AFS will continue to be bold – empowering people to become active global citizens and create positive change.
We look forward to more progress, together.