Take a look at the trailer:
What is it?
This course is the new introductory level of the AFS Intercultural Link Learning Program — AFS’s training and assessment program to increase our intercultural and global competence as volunteers and staff.
In this course you will:
- Discover how AFS creates impact
- Learn tools to understand differences and suspend judgment
- Explore cultural dimensions and intercultural communication strategies
- Reflect on ways to make AFS more inclusive at the local level
- Get inspired by the Sustainable Development Goals to take action in your community
- and more!
Who should take this course?
This course was designed for all staff members and volunteers. Please note: your AFS organization must approve of your enrollment before registering.
Foundations is available in English, Spanish, Japanese, French and Arabic (videos are recorded with English audio and feature subtitles in those languages).
What is the workload?
This is a self-paced course, which means you decide how fast or slow you want to go. The online course consists of 11 modules with videos, forum questions, quizzes, and activities. Each module should take between 20 to 60 minutes to complete. During the course, your Qualified Trainers will invite you to attend three 90-minute Live Sessions where you will meet others from your global cohort and dive deeper into the course topics.