AFS Global STEM Educators is a 6-week, full-scholarship, virtual exchange program for in-service Educators worldwide (ages 18+) teaching STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) at the secondary level (working with students ages 13-18). This online, interactive certificate program is designed for Educators to build the skills needed to become globally competent leaders and foster global competence in their school communities and beyond.
Participants will examine intercultural issues in education, explore resources for teaching about sustainable development and global citizenship to students, and develop ideas to build bridges in multicultural classroom environments. This program will help you explore key concepts and principles of Global Citizenship Education and learn to foster 21st century skills with your students.
Global STEM Educators will:
- Examine intercultural issues and the fundamentals of globally competent teaching.
- Bridge perspectives on STEM education in local and global contexts.
- Explore teaching resources on sustainability, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and global citizenship education.
- Reflect on one’s own teaching context and develop new ideas to build bridges in multicultural classrooms.
- Boost self-awareness and empathy for diverse cultural backgrounds, perceptions, and behaviors.
- Earn an AFS global competence certificate and digital badge reflecting new credentials.
There are 250 scholarships available, divided across two cohorts:
- Cohort 1: 6 April – 12 May 2024
- Cohort 2: 22 June – 28 July 2024
bp, a global energy company, provides funding that supports these scholarships.