Join the AFS Intercultural Programs Global Up Team and help us strengthen our educational offers by evaluating market trends through research on educational tools and products. Learn the in’s and out’s of global non-profit work and be part of a small team that is aiming to impact many learners through developing global competence in students, staff and faculty.
By working closely with a dedicated team devoted to transformational, meaningful, and inspiring educational experiences, you will help AFS showcase thought leadership and reach new audiences around the world. You will provide valuable input into the new educational programs, its marketing approach, and delivery. Earn the Global Competence Certificate as part of your internship.
What you’ll learn
You’ll have the opportunity to work inside an international network of a large global non-profit organization with an ever expanding community of global leaders. You’ll learn about the process of creating an educational curriculum for the world and what global collaboration looks like on a small scale (our Global Up team) to large scale (AFS in general) with over 58 organizations across the globe. You’ll learn alongside us, where we find ourselves in the digital education environment and how we can best stand out, follow up on leads.
What you’ll do
AFS Intercultural Programs seeks motivated, critical thinking, creative, and curious individuals to join the Global Up team in a multifaceted effort to help us better understand the educational landscape and market, and showcase how we stand out.
In this role, you will strive to:
- Support the GUP unit social media content calendar through building a collection of testimonials, stories, videos and photos, including conducting interviews and reviewing previous resources (webinar clips/PPs, etc).
- Support team in launching our newest offerings for global competence development with a new target audience: individuals from around the world , including attention to alumni.
- Identify client opportunities in areas such as businesses and corporations.
- Support our qualified facilitator resource development.
- Research the business case and technical capabilities for sharing the Global Up curriculum into other platforms and present the results.
- Develop and conduct an institutional survey on leads not fulfilled, compile and present results to show common obstacles.
- Research other businesses and institutions that resemble our target audience eligible for GCC packages.
- Research a variety of formal and nonformal users’ motivation for taking the GCC.
Relevant Experience and Skill Sets:
- Undergraduate student working towards a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- An interest in Intercultural Education, and micro-credential
- Proven research skills
- Excellent business and/or marketing skills
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equity interest and/or experience
- Adapt to working in a cultural and educational programs setting
- Data visualization skills
- Educational design skills
- Virtual or digital education
- Excellent general and analytical writing skills
- Interest and/or experience in educational evaluation and measurement and project management
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and interest letter to HR at [email protected] with the subject line Digital Education Intern. All application materials must be received by 11:59 PM ET on August 16, 2023.
This Internship lasts between Sept 1 – Dec 31, 2023 and will not exceed 200 hours for the semester. There is a $500 stipend upon successful completion of the internship.
Who we are
AFS Intercultural Programs is a global network that develops active global citizens committed to making the world a better place. Through our international exchange programs, education initiatives, volunteerism and advocacy, we empower young people from all backgrounds with essential global skills. AFS Intercultural Programs leverages the power and reach of 58 National AFS Organizations to accelerate the local, global and collective impact of our 100+ year old nonprofit. AFS International is the global leadership, coordinating, and administrative body of the AFS Network. Our office is located in New York City and we work with a diverse, mostly remote global team.