What is it?
This is a training program for AFS volunteers and staff to become part of the global community of facilitators for the online component of the AFS Student Learning Journey (SLJ).
In this program, you will :
- Have access to the learning platform and the AFS SLJ Online Component content,
- Receive training on facilitation of topics related to intercultural learning, global competence and social innovation,
- Continue developing your own intercultural learning by becoming a guide for others,
- Get exclusive resources to support your role as a facilitator,
- Hone your online facilitation skills,
- Be part of a growing community of AFS SLJ online facilitators from over 23 countries sharing best practices and co-facilitating live sessions!
Interest in supporting a global cohort of students in their journey to Active Global Citizenship? This is your opportunity!
What is the AFS Student Learning Journey Online Component?
The upgraded Student Learning Journey takes a step further on local orientations, monthly contacts and learning reflections, by including the opportunity for students to meet virtually and learn as part of a global cohort. We have joined forces with the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) to create an enhanced journey to further support our students to practice social impact and become active global citizens. We do so by combining AFS educational methodology that we have developed over 75 years of intercultural learning and global competence education with UPenn’s Center for Social Impact Strategy (CSIS) expertise on social impact and social innovation.
What is the workload?
- On-boarding & initial training: up to 10 hours of self-paced online learning content and a 90-min online live training session designed by AFS International experts.
- Delivering Facilitated Dialogue Sessions: deliver up to FIVE 90-min online live sessions during the calendar year.
Optional: join quarterly 90-minute webinars to prepare for your live sessions and dive deeper into the content.