The Center for Intercultural Learning and Global Competence Education achieves its purpose by:
- Advocating for intercultural learning, global competence and active global citizenship education as core to 21st century education,
- Convening conferences and events (including online),
- Conducting and commissioning research in collaboration with major academic institutions,
- Showcasing state-of-the-art best practices, resources and materials,
- Providing professional development and training opportunities,
- Fostering strong alliances in over 60 countries with those who share the Center and AFS’s learning-to- live-together agenda, and
- Supporting the above activities and expanding access to intercultural learning and education mobility through fundraising.